• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

This is one of the most talented Griz teams we've had in a while

mthoopsfan said:
]

The MT kids draw fans from all over the state.
YES! Perfectly stated. It would be interesting to see just WHERE all the season ticket holders live. Do you really think that poster from Westby would make that drive if the emphasis was on 'other than Montana players'? How about SaskGriz, just a little farther up the road? from El Monte, Uvalde, Talladaga, or Long Island?

Montana players are the heart and soul of Griz football. Importing a crew of out of state mercenaries, in their stead,
would be the end of Griz football. Of course, there is the argument from the other side: OUR mercenaries are better than YOUR mercenaries. Thats why I gave up on the NFL, looooong ago!

garizzalies said:
indian-outlaw said:
Well you were touting the fact that almost half of our team is from Montana. Just pointing out that it's a pretty sad fact that less than half of our team is from Montana.
Sad? What in the world? I’ve always suspected you were a bubcat.

I think you missed the point or maybe I am not doing a good enough job explaining it.

People from all over MT love going to the games and following a local kid. Gives them great pride. I guarantee Anacompton and P-burg will be well represented on Saturday and there will be nary a complaint about a little warm air from those folks.

But that’s not all. We always have MT kids, and we always have a good D. I think the “coolest part” about this year’s team is that we have both in spades. And I don’t think it’s a coincidence. In fact, I think they go hand-in-hand. I believe we have a killer D because we collected all of these killers from around the state. I don’t think a random collection of guys from some other states would make up such a great D.

There’s something special about this D. They’ve gelled or have a chemistry or whatever the hell you want to call it. I saw it first-hand and I don’t recall seeing it this thick before. I don’t think the unit would be as strong if it were just a bunch of random dudes from WA, CA, and OR without this special connection.

6s0lv5.jpg
A bobcat fan? I've heard that before and to a degree it's true because I don't childishly bash them or anyone else. As far as Montana players on the team they are even worse than us.I promise I have been to more griz events for many more years than you. But Ok, you can say whatever you want. I just think people are so funny about puffing up their chests as fans. I would rather have a majority of our players actually represent our state. If that means we don't have as good of a team then so be it.
Sorry I hurt your fee fees. I'll leave you to your safe space.

mthoopsfan said:
Raider said:

Oh, BS. That is not what Outlaw said at all. Get out of here with that crap.

I realize you are never wrong about anything Jack, but your naïve to believe there is not some elements of this in the "Montana kids" argument.

poorgriz said:
EverettGriz said:
You mean the guy who as a freshman won 3 out of 4 bsc starts? I’ll take my chances. Along those lines, who even IS the kitty back up to Merlot?

I've heard Brown is quite a ways behind your starter. Cat QB2 is WY transfer Sean Chambers, multi year team captain as voted by his teammates. He's another very good runner, big kid, but I don't think his passing is where it needs to be.....
Then why did he leave?

Yukon said:
poorgriz said:
I've heard Brown is quite a ways behind your starter. Cat QB2 is WY transfer Sean Chambers, multi year team captain as voted by his teammates. He's another very good runner, big kid, but I don't think his passing is where it needs to be.....
Then why did he leave?

Probably the same reason that half the team left. It’s sounding more and more like bohl isn’t that great to play for, and his offense is boring as fuck. Levi Williams (another qb) left too.

Yukon said:
poorgriz said:
Then why did he leave?

Because msu is where you go if you're a back-up but are better than starters. Just ask 'em.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Yukon said:
Then why did he leave?
Probably the same reason that half the team left. It’s sounding more and more like bohl isn’t that great to play for, and his offense is boring as [#]f###. Levi Williams (another qb) left too.
Not sure it's all on Bohl. Twitter scraps suggest that outside recruits can only stand Laramie for long, unless the team is winning. That goes into a negative feedback loop in trying to upgrade their talent.

And, FWIW, a ton of Nebraska alumni and fans would grab Bohl in a heartbeat, if only the admin would can Frost.

EverettGriz said:
Yukon said:
Then why did he leave?

Because msu is where you go if you're a back-up but are better than starters. Just ask 'em.

Sean chambers is academically ineligible. Jordan reed is out for the year with a season ending injury. So MSU is in BIG trouble if Mellott goes down as the next man up is redshirt freshman Sean Austin who has zero experience.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
EverettGriz said:

Sean chambers is academically ineligible. Jordan reed is out for the year with a season ending injury. So MSU is in BIG trouble if Mellott goes down as the next man up is redshirt freshman Sean Austin who has zero experience.

He’ll be fine rushing 25 times per game.

IdaGriz01 said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Probably the same reason that half the team left. It’s sounding more and more like bohl isn’t that great to play for, and his offense is boring as [#]f###. Levi Williams (another qb) left too.
Not sure it's all on Bohl. Twitter scraps suggest that outside recruits can only stand Laramie for long, unless the team is winning. That goes into a negative feedback loop in trying to upgrade their talent.

And, FWIW, a ton of Nebraska alumni and fans would grab Bohl in a heartbeat, if only the admin would can Frost.

Huh, I lived in Laramie for 6 years (during the Josh Allen years) and loved it there. The outdoor activities along with the small town feel were great. 50 minutes to Fort Collins, 2 hours to DIA….2 hours to steamboat….the snowies were beautiful as well as vedavoo and the curt gowdy recreation area.

bigtyme said:
This in state argument is dumb outside of not being eligible for the coveted 37 jersey. Once a kid buys in to the UM culture they become a Montanan. One day…Go Griz!
I agree completely this stupid obsession some griz fans have over having in state players is ridiculous. A good team needs the best avaliable players that will fit in with their system. It shouldn't matter if they're from Montana or Miami.

grizingatorland said:
bigtyme said:
This in state argument is dumb outside of not being eligible for the coveted 37 jersey. Once a kid buys in to the UM culture they become a Montanan. One day…Go Griz!
I agree completely this stupid obsession some griz fans have over having in state players is ridiculous. A good team needs the best avaliable players that will fit in with their system. It shouldn't matter if they're from Montana or Miami.

Besides, we are creating new Montanans here when they come from whatever God forsaken place they were at.

Raider said:
mthoopsfan said:
Oh, BS. That is not what Outlaw said at all. Get out of here with that crap.

I realize you are never wrong about anything Jack, but your naïve to believe there is not some elements of this in the "Montana kids" argument.

Could you put your comment into English, so it can be understood. And clean up your grammar/punctionation before poorgriz jumps you.

grizingatorland said:
bigtyme said:

Montana players are very important to UM football. They also attract fans from all over the state. Your comment was stupid.

mthoopsfan said:
grizingatorland said:

Montana players are very important to UM football. They also attract fans from all over the state. Your comment was stupid.

Fans would come regardless. You think Alabama fans give two shits if most of their players are from bama? Yet they somehow fill that stadium.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
mthoopsfan said:

Fans would come regardless. You think Alabama fans give two shits if most of their players are from bama? Yet they somehow fill that stadium.

We are talking Montana. Not Alabama. You don't even attend games; you are not allowed to comment.

mthoopsfan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

We are talking Montana. Not Alabama. You don't even attend games; you are not allowed to comment.
😂 where did you get the idea that I don’t attend games? The fuck are you talking about

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
mthoopsfan said:
😂 where did you get the idea that I don’t attend games? The [#]f### are you talking about

Will you be at the game tomorrow? Let's meet at Brint's tailgate.

Latest posts

Back