• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bob Stitt Quotes

PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
mtgrizrule said:
I will say it again. Haslam hit a grand slam with the Stitt hire. :thumb:
Hmmmm....

The batter is just starting his swing, and it's already a grand slam? Hmmmm.

I have a feeling Stitt will prove to be a great hire. Just have to give it time. Bash me all you want. The fact is, we are early in his regime. It takes time for a new coach to transition his system and players into the program. PR, you should know as much as anyone. :thumb:

havgrizfan said:
I have no problem with anyone second guessing the head coach, Stitt or anyone else. It's what fans do. But it absolutely slays me that folks are using Joe Glenn is a comparison to bash on Stitt (mainly in another thread). Are those people living under a rock? Glenn PUSHED for Stitt to get the job. He's likely the biggest Bob Stitt advocate on the planet, outside of Stitt's own family. Once again, that wonderful #egrizlogic

As I said in the other thread - when it comes to Glenn comparisons we need to wait a few years. I'm definitely emotionally disappointed in what I am seeing at this year's games. But to judge Stitt based on what's happened this year where he has an undersized o-line and is on his 3rd qb is a little premature.

What is really disappointing is our defense which got pushed around in this game and the cal poly game. We are in deep trouble if we continue to allow 250+ yds on the ground.

behappp said:
havgrizfan said:
I have no problem with anyone second guessing the head coach, Stitt or anyone else. It's what fans do. But it absolutely slays me that folks are using Joe Glenn is a comparison to bash on Stitt (mainly in another thread). Are those people living under a rock? Glenn PUSHED for Stitt to get the job. He's likely the biggest Bob Stitt advocate on the planet, outside of Stitt's own family. Once again, that wonderful #egrizlogic

As I said in the other thread - when it comes to Glenn comparisons we need to wait a few years. I'm definitely emotionally disappointed in what I am seeing at this year's games. But to judge Stitt based on what's happened this year where he has an undersized o-line and is on his 3rd qb is a little premature.

What is really disappointing is our defense which got pushed around in this game and the cal poly game. We are in deep trouble if we continue to allow 250+ yds on the ground.

Yet, somehow they are managing to very much limit the points being put on the scoreboard by opponents in the 2nd half. Could it be that teams are running so often because the pass defense and pass rush has been so good this season? We will find out how good the pass defense is facing the likes of ISU, PSU, EWU, and MSU. I've actually liked our pass defense this season. It sure in the hell beats being picked alive and making every QB look like an all star. The pass defense was not so good Ty's 1st season as DC.

behappp said:
But to judge Stitt based on what's happened this year where he has an undersized o-line and is on his 3rd qb is a little premature.

Isn't this reason enough to take points when you can get them instead bucking the probability of executing on 4th down in the red zone?

Prefacing this with I'm still supportive of Stitt, I'm just having some bye week meme fun with some of the reactions on here :thumb:

cdade05099bbd38ff85f03ee8c4e0cd0.jpg

CoulsonQuote.jpg

tumblr_n5jowirrfd1rrl12ro1_500.gif

8d90ff08fe201ecdb138564f8ad66566.jpg

_1380739328.jpg

team-tri-heroic-leadership-quote-show-2015-14-638.jpg

bfe009dd65da0bc0a6ffc932a015b78b.jpg

tumblr_n3rj1u5ZIL1tqonp4o1_500.gif

mtgrizrule said:
Yet, somehow they are managing to very much limit the points being put on the scoreboard by opponents in the 2nd half. Could it be that teams are running so often because the pass defense and pass rush has been so good this season? We will find out how good the pass defense is facing the likes of ISU, PSU, EWU, and MSU. I've actually liked our pass defense this season. It sure in the hell beats being picked alive and making every QB look like an all star. The pass defense was not so good Ty's 1st season as DC.

Tyrone Holmes may be the best pass rushing DE in the Big Sky since Jared Allen. He's an absolute beast. I see he's projected as a 5th-6th round pick in some NFL mocks already. I'll be shocked if he's not invited to the NFL combine.

PlayerRep said:
havgrizfan said:

And Stitt named his son Joe after Joe G.

That will be my next son's name as well, my first son is named JD after JD Quinn

The_Real_Chief said:
PlayerRep said:
havgrizfan said:

That will be my next son's name as well, my first son is named JD after JD Quinn
So his middle name is DOLA?

kemajic said:
The_Real_Chief said:
PlayerRep said:
havgrizfan said:

So his middle name is DOLA?

Close, we decided DUI may be more appropriate

PDXGrizzly said:
NorthwestFresh said:
mtgrizrule said:
Let me start it, let's keep this going. The resounding quote from him after the NDSU game that has me excited.
"We don't lose in our own stadium!" I absolutely love that statement. That is the head coach setting the tone, cockiness, and swagger he is restoring in the program. I will say it again. Haslam hit a grand slam with the Stitt hire. :thumb:

Oh really?

Yet two of the three losses this season are at home... This guys ego is just absurd.

Did you expect his teams to go undefeated at home forever?

AZGrizFan said:
PDXGrizzly said:
NorthwestFresh said:
mtgrizrule said:
Let me start it, let's keep this going. The resounding quote from him after the NDSU game that has me excited.
"We don't lose in our own stadium!" I absolutely love that statement. That is the head coach setting the tone, cockiness, and swagger he is restoring in the program. I will say it again. Haslam hit a grand slam with the Stitt hire. :thumb:

Oh really?

Yet two of the three losses this season are at home... This guys ego is just absurd.

If Bobby said the same thing, many on here would eat it up...

AZGrizFan said:
PDXGrizzly said:
NorthwestFresh said:
mtgrizrule said:

Oh really?

No, he probably expects the head coach to not act like an arrogant dumb ass.

doc3kgt said:
AZGrizFan said:
PDXGrizzly said:
NorthwestFresh said:
Oh really?

:roll: Yeah. You're right. No coach, ever, has made that same statement.

AZGrizFan said:
doc3kgt said:
AZGrizFan said:
PDXGrizzly said:

You guys just forgive bobcats fans...they are deathly afraid of Stitt....they cling to any negative rumblings they can and try to make them huge.

It is so apparent how nervous they are of having a Bobby2.0 and they are showing it every chance they get

BadlandsGrizFan said:
AZGrizFan said:
doc3kgt said:
AZGrizFan said:

You guys just forgive bobcats fans...they are deathly afraid of Stitt....they cling to any negative rumblings they can and try to make them huge.

It is so apparent how nervous they are of having a Bobby2.0 and they are showing it every chance they get

Yeah, they don't do a real good job of hiding their fear... :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
doc3kgt said:
AZGrizFan said:
PDXGrizzly said:

After all the shit you guys flipped to coach ash, you have to expect some shit talking about stitt, especially when he makes bone headed mistakes like this. Badlands, believe me, nobody is afraid of coach Slitt at this point. Jury is still out, he needs another year or two in order for everyone to assess the full damage of his hire.

Back