• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bob Stitt Quotes

AZGrizFan said:
Grizz Man said:
NorthwestFresh said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
"My sr. Started first 3 games and got hurt and came back last two games. Played terrible in 2nd playoff."

Way to stand behind your player, coach! This guy is a hoot.

There's a 7-page thread on this - do we really need to tack on 7 pg.s here rehashing everything? The upshot is that it was accidentally posted, and given that it was intended to be a private message, there was nothing inappropriate about it. We don't even know what the context was. But if you like stirring up trouble and trying to make people feel bad, have at it. :thumb:

NWF trying desperately to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

No, I get it. When Stitt calls out a player for poor play, he's a straight shooter and the player deserved it. When other coaches say a player made a mistake, it's an outrage. Just don't call them homers!

NorthwestFresh said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
"My sr. Started first 3 games and got hurt and came back last two games. Played terrible in 2nd playoff."

Way to stand behind your player, coach! This guy is a hoot.
You realize that he never said that don't you?

1972 said:
77matcat said:
Ya. Looked good against NDSU

Surely you have something better than that!! Disappointed :lol: :lol: :lol:

Really!!! If you want to compare the griz D with the Cats go ahead, but clearly there is no comparison. griz were superior.

But this is The quote from your post, "It takes balls to remove our DC after the Portland game, defense definitely changed after that game though". Sounds like you were suggesting it was a good change. I just wondered how you thought it worked for your last game. Honest question.

77matcat said:
1972 said:
77matcat said:

Really!!! If you want to compare the griz D with the Cats go ahead, but clearly there is no comparison. griz were superior.

But this is The quote from your post, "It takes balls to remove our DC after the Portland game, defense definitely changed after that game though". Sounds like you were suggesting it was a good change. I just wondered how you thought it worked for your last game. Honest question.

The defense actually played fairly well in that NDSU playoff game. It was the turnovers and the complete inability for the OLine to win the line of scrimmage that were the biggest factor. I think that was NDSU's lowest offensive output of the year.

77matcat said:
1972 said:
77matcat said:

a) every playoff team ends their season with a loss. But one. You DO know what the playoffs are, yes? Honest question.

b) The defense gave up 17 points against NDSU. If you didn't watch the game...or read a box score....you might think it played shitty. Gregorak's D gave up 35 against the same team in the first game of the season.

AZGrizFan said:
77matcat said:
1972 said:
77matcat said:

a) every playoff team ends their season with a loss. But one. You DO know what the playoffs are, yes? Honest question.

b) The defense gave up 17 points against NDSU. If you didn't watch the game...or read a box score....you might think it played shitty. Gregorak's D gave up 35 against the same team in the first game of the season.

And that was in the Fargodome too.

AZGrizFan said:
77matcat said:
1972 said:
77matcat said:

A) no. Please explain.
B) I believe that the second time you play a team it's rate to score more points than the first time. Not sure, but I believe you have more time than I do, let us know what you find.

Who QBd the first game vs the second????

77matcat said:
AZGrizFan said:
77matcat said:
1972 said:

A) no. Please explain.
B) I believe that the second time you play a team it's rate to score more points than the first time. Not sure, but I believe you have more time than I do, let us know what you find.

Who QBd the first game vs the second????

A) I thought so
B) I assume you meant "rare"...and they did score fewer. Their offense scored 35 in the first and only 17 in the 2nd. Our offense scored 38 in the first and 6 in the 2nd. So, 2 for 2.

Sooooooo. Who QBd the bizon in the first game and who did the second game and how does that impact the second game's lower offensive output when you are judging which griz defensive scheme and performance was better??

77matcat said:
Sooooooo. Who QBd the bizon in the first game and who did the second game and how does that impact the second game in one year lower offensive output when you are judging which griz defensive scheme and performance was better??

Fuck. What a time to have misplaced my Cat Idiot to English electronic translator.

77matcat said:
Sooooooo. Who QBd the bizon in the first game and who did the second game and how does that impact the second game's lower offensive output when you are judging which griz defensive scheme and performance was better??

THe first performance was better. We won.

How'd the 'scats do against the Bizon? :lol: :lol: :thumb:

Ya. IMHO canceling the Bizon wasn't a good move.

You seem to be avoiding the question so you must believe your second defensive attempt against Bizon wasn't as good as the first. If I'm wrong please explain your rational.

EverettGriz said:
77matcat said:
Sooooooo. Who QBd the bizon in the first game and who did the second game and how does that impact the second game in one year lower offensive output when you are judging which griz defensive scheme and performance was better??

Fuck. What a time to have misplaced my Cat Idiot to English electronic translator.

I've read this and his edit several times, and I have no idea what the question is. The best I can come up with is:

Who QB'd the bizon in the first game?
Who QB'd the bizon in the second game?
How does "that" (not sure which "that") impact the the second game in one year lower offensive output when you are?
Which Griz defensive performance was better?

I think he's trying to ask if Wentz not playing the second game made the Griz defense look better than it was. Which, most people would write, "Do you think Wentz not playing in the second game made the Griz defense look better than it was?" I'm not sure why he typed the question with a rubber mallet.

CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:
77matcat said:

f***. What a time to have misplaced my Cat Idiot to English electronic translator.

I've read this and his edit several times, and I have no idea what the question is. The best I can come up with is:

Who QB'd the bizon in the first game?
Who QB'd the bizon in the second game?
How does "that" (not sure which "that") impact the the second game in one year lower offensive output when you are?
Which Griz defensive performance was better?

I think he's trying to ask if Wentz not playing the second game made the Griz defense look better than it was. Which, most people would write, "Do you think Wentz not playing in the second game made the Griz defense look better than it was?" I'm not sure why he typed the question with a rubber mallet.

After multiple reads, that's the best I could do as well.

Proof positive that liberal arts classes matter, people.

Add in the other large variable, the change in defensive play caller (according to EG) and which defensive effort was better??

Really pretty apparent if you read the corrected post, #90. Sorry the first was late last night and I didn't read before posting.

77matcat said:
Add in the other large variable, the change in defensive play caller (according to EG) and which defensive effort was better??

Really pretty apparent if you read the corrected post. Sorry the first was late last night and I didn't read before posting.

Do you mind just surfacing your premise? Are you trying to say the defense played better in the first game, or the second game?

1972 indicated in post #72 that he/she believed making a DC change after the PSU game was a good thing. I simply questioned that statement. Was trying to find some logic for statement and had to start asking ?s.

77matcat said:
1972 indicated in post #72 that he/she believed making a DC change after the PSU game was a good thing. I simply questioned that statement. Was trying to find some logic for statement and had to start asking ?s.

Oh, well it's pretty simple. The defense seemed to play better after. The team certainly seemed to play better after. There you go!

I see what's going on now. The Cats got the guy rumored to have been divested of his DC duties mid-season, and you want to try to argue the D didn't get better afterward. Sorry it took me so long to see your agenda!

Back