• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bob Stitt Quotes

doc3kgt said:
AZGrizFan said:
doc3kgt said:
AZGrizFan said:
Did you expect his teams to go undefeated at home forever?

No, he probably expects the head coach to not act like an arrogant dumb ass.

:roll: Yeah. You're right. No coach, ever, has made that same statement.

After all the shit you guys flipped to coach ash, you have to expect some shit talking about stitt, especially when he makes bone headed mistakes like this. Badlands, believe me, nobody is afraid of coach Slitt at this point. Jury is still out, he needs another year or two in order for everyone to assess the full damage of his hire.

The damage has already been done, and it will continue on... 54-35.

One would think with the cold freezing winter weather the stench of scat would not be noticed. Funny how that smell of envy keeps scat trolls blowing and blowing and blowing...

doc3kgt said:
AZGrizFan said:
doc3kgt said:
AZGrizFan said:
Did you expect his teams to go undefeated at home forever?

After all the shit you guys flipped to coach ash, you have to expect some shit talking about stitt, especially when he makes bone headed mistakes like this. Badlands, believe me, nobody is afraid of coach Slitt at this point. Jury is still out, he needs another year or two in order for everyone to assess the full damage of his hire.
I'm trying to imagine a scenario where a first year Bobcat head-coach goes into Missoula and wins by 19 (as if that ever happens), and then Griz fans spout off about what a terrible hire and terrible coach he is

You morons are trying waaaaaay too hard :roll:

Brock Landers said:
doc3kgt said:
AZGrizFan said:
doc3kgt said:

I'm trying to imagine a scenario where a first year Bobcat head-coach goes into Missoula and wins by 19 (as if that ever happens), and then Griz fans spout off about what a terrible hire and terrible coach he is

You morons are trying waaaaaay too hard :roll:

Why make mountains out of mole hills? These cats are working hard to make something out of nothing. What do you expect?

By the way, I do think Stitt is an arrogant ass. But that's exactly what this program needs. It took me a while to come around to that, but Stitt may just be a bigger jerk than BH. And he will field excellent teams that crush the cats. Deal with it.

PDXGrizzly said:
By the way, I do think Stitt is an arrogant ass. But that's exactly what this program needs. It took me a while to come around to that, but Stitt may just be a bigger jerk than BH. And he will field excellent teams that crush the cats. Deal with it.

From the specific complaints that I've heard on this board, to me he just seems really focused on winning. I don't think that equates to being arrogant. I think a lot of people don't understand how focused most successful coaches are. No time for hand-holding and politics when you''re fixated on winning. I still haven't heard any specific examples of him being a jerk - just people complaining that he doesn't shake enough hands and hold enough babies...

Grizz Man said:
PDXGrizzly said:

From the specific complaints that I've heard on this board, to me he just seems really focused on winning. I don't think that equates to being arrogant. I think a lot of people don't understand how focused most successful coaches are. No time for hand-holding and politics when you''re fixated on winning. I still haven't heard any specific examples of him being a jerk - just people complaining that he doesn't shake enough hands and hold enough babies...

BH didn't shake hands or kiss babies and became one of the winningest coaches in Montana history. I really don't care about that. His job is to win games. A lot of them. I made the comment because I really do have that opinion. Nobody has to agree with it. However I think this attitude is what is needed. Down to earth and humble have not led to great success on the field. Being a cocky bastard combined with football know-how does win games. Nick Saban and Urban Meyer are cases in point.

PDXGrizzly said:
Being a cocky bastard combined with football know-how does win games. Nick Saban and Urban Meyer are cases in point.
Right on - this is why I love the guy until (and if) he really stumbles. I'm put off by the couple posters who are trying to make him into a boogie man who constantly hurts players' feelings in unusually cruel and inhumane ways. I haven't seen any evidence of this. Or people jumping on his "we don't lose at home" comment. Well what the Q%!#$ do you want your coach to say!?

NorthwestFresh said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
"My sr. Started first 3 games and got hurt and came back last two games. Played terrible in 2nd playoff."

Way to stand behind your player, coach! This guy is a hoot.

There's a 7-page thread on this - do we really need to tack on 7 pg.s here rehashing everything? The upshot is that it was accidentally posted, and given that it was intended to be a private message, there was nothing inappropriate about it. We don't even know what the context was. But if you like stirring up trouble and trying to make people feel bad, have at it. :thumb:

Grizz Man said:
NorthwestFresh said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
"My sr. Started first 3 games and got hurt and came back last two games. Played terrible in 2nd playoff."

There's a 7-page thread on this - do we really need to tack on 7 pg.s here rehashing everything? The upshot is that it was accidentally posted, and given that it was intended to be a private message, there was nothing inappropriate about it. We don't even know what the context was. But if you like stirring up trouble and trying to make people feel bad, have at it. :thumb:

So it's only bad when other coaches do it. Got it. Carry on.

NorthwestFresh said:
So it's only bad when other coaches do it. Got it. Carry on.

Have other coaches accidentally shared private communications? If so, I think they should get a pass. We all say some things behind closed doors that we wouldn't want shared publicly. I've said way worse than this, and I'll bet you have, too.

I'd actually like to see Stitt take more ownership of losses in his press conferences - it's bothered me a bit that he'll bring up the D or QB play and not talk as much about game plans. But he has taken some of the blame, and I don't think we can hold his twitter skills against him (unless he'd said something really insulting, which I don't think he did).

I'm still trying to find the insulting statement in this. Gus did pay terribly in the loss to NDSU; I bet he'd be the first one to tell you that. Coach Stitt's statement was entirely factual, regardless of the intended recipient.

If you want to be a big-time player, you can't assume your coach is going to coddle you and tell you you're great when you haven't been. On the other hand, Coach Stitt has sung Brady's praises on many other occasions when his play merited it. So being honest is a problem now?

Get a grip, people. This will drive Gus, not crush him. If it does, he's not as tough mentally as he needs to be to take the Griz where we want them to go. He's way tougher than you give him credit for.

NorthwestFresh said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Do you believe that what he said was true? If not, show me some evidence that shows that BG played well that game.

But you may be one that believes that being politically correct is more important than being correct.

Stitt is refreshing, he tells it like it is, no sugar coating. Gus didn't have a good game against NDSU, thats a fact. Don't see what all fuss is about, except from the Cat fans, they made the same fuss with Hauck. See how that turned out for them. It takes balls to remove our DC after the Portland game, defense definitely changed after that game though.

Grizz Man said:
NorthwestFresh said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

NWF trying desperately to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

77matcat said:
Ya. Looked good against NDSU

UM defense gave up 17 points to NDSU in the playoff game. What other defense in the playoffs has done as well?

I'll save you some time: None of them.

It was offense and special teams that killed the Griz, not the D.

Back