• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Henderson Officially Back?!

jodcon said:
I think the athletic department understands how the medical redshirt works, as always we know nothing of what is going on behind the scenes.

Remember 2 weeks ago Henderson was written off as retired on here.

To be fair, that was around the time Big G said EH wasn't coming back, so it was pretty certain that he was coming back.

Gig G is at it again. One must attempt to get his off the wall and outright wrong comments directed toward our hated rivals. Any Big Sky team will do and throw in some buffalo chips to make it all go around.

Any ideas on how to get this deadly virus headed in the RIGHT direction?

NorthEndZoneDan said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Wait, so you're trying to tell me that everyone freaked out on this thread...for nothing?
The real question here AllWeatherFan - why in the hell did it take someone from egriz to point out that Henderson qualifies for a medical redshirt. Why was Gee so adamant that the red shirt wouldnt happen. Why did it take a post from Mtgrizrule to Mazzolini that they were wrong to get their attention? Why isnt Gee and Haslam on top of this? Who's not doing their damn job over there?
It is nothing short of a miracle that Gee still has a job.

Not seeking to place fault or blame but our SID is retiring in about 90 days, so attention to detail regarding public statements may not be what they should . However, Kent Haslem has had a professional relationship with Ellis' father dating back to the early 90's when both were minor league front office executives.

I was standing close to both Kent and Ronnie at the post season award banquet two years ago. I heard Kent say, "I am so glad your son is here...he's in the right place...you have my contact info...rest assured that if for any reason you need to talk I am available to your and your son just give me a call!"

Ronnie has a direct line to Kent, so I am going to defend his administration for just a moment. Plus, Ronnie works at the university level himself. There are processes that take place many of us do not know nor understand. In fact they change so frequent that administrators have a hard time keeping up and they have to be very careful these days given all the NCAA turmoil.

I will say, that I too would have hoped that Jean would have stopped and given her comment more thought before responding to a member of the local media. They ALL are overworked because honestly we are understaffed at UM athletics. She didn't have clue ONE that there was an error in the game reports and because of that she shouldn't be publicly attacked for it either.

Hell, the same could be said for every program in the nation unless you are a traditional Big 5 powerhouse program!

I am of the opinion that circumstances dictate behavior. Given that this kid has done nothing but given every ounce he has to this program and community in my opinion merits a higher level communication and I support the mindset that the department should exhaust all avenues to help any athlete who has been through what I imagine Ellis and his family has.

At the end of the day, everyone is one the same page now and a good portion of that is due to the passion of Griz Nation for its football program and the players that bust their asses to entertain us on Saturdays each fall!

I am equally excited about the future of Griz Football. I am anxious as hell to see the impact on signing day and how the team progresses this spring. Something special has begun in Missoula and Kent Haslam is a big part of the reason for it.

NPB

Damn it man! Your logic and comments have become a thread killer NPB. Let us rant a little while longer next time before you post. Damn Buzz Killer :cool:

BigPawzSharpClawz said:
Damn it man! Your logic and comments have become a thread killer NPB. Let us rant a little while longer next time before you post. Damn Buzz Killer :cool:
Hear, hear!!

It's these "common sense" posters like PBJ and GrizatWork that are ruining e-griz! I view them as an existential threat to our way of life here.

Extremism in the defense of Montana football is no vice. And moderation in the defamation of our foes is no virtue.

NewPapaBear said:
Not seeking to place fault or blame but our SID is retiring in about 90 days, so attention to detail regarding public statements may not be what they should . However, Kent Haslem has had a professional relationship with Ellis' father dating back to the early 90's when both were minor league front office executives.

I was standing close to both Kent and Ronnie at the post season award banquet two years ago. I heard Kent say, "I am so glad your son is here...he's in the right place...you have my contact info...rest assured that if for any reason you need to talk I am available to your and your son just give me a call!"

Ronnie has a direct line to Kent, so I am going to defend his administration for just a moment. Plus, Ronnie works at the university level himself. There are processes that take place many of us do not know nor understand. In fact they change so frequent that administrators have a hard time keeping up and they have to be very careful these days given all the NCAA turmoil.

I will say, that I too would have hoped that Jean would have stopped and given her comment more thought before responding to a member of the local media. They ALL are overworked because honestly we are understaffed at UM athletics. She didn't have clue ONE that there was an error in the game reports and because of that she shouldn't be publicly attacked for it either.

Hell, the same could be said for every program in the nation unless you are a traditional Big 5 powerhouse program!

I am of the opinion that circumstances dictate behavior. Given that this kid has done nothing but given every ounce he has to this program and community in my opinion merits a higher level communication and I support the mindset that the department should exhaust all avenues to help any athlete who has been through what I imagine Ellis and his family has.

At the end of the day, everyone is one the same page now and a good portion of that is due to the passion of Griz Nation for its football program and the players that bust their asses to entertain us on Saturdays each fall!

I am equally excited about the future of Griz Football. I am anxious as hell to see the impact on signing day and how the team progresses this spring. Something special has begun in Missoula and Kent Haslam is a big part of the reason for it.

NPB

I know Ronnie as well and what NPB is saying is the absolute truth. Thread killer or not....I'm just glad EH is feeling better, can't imagine what he and his family have gone thru these past several months and I will be there on August 29th screaming my lungs out when #7 takes the field and takes one to the house against the Bizon.

AZGrizFan said:
NewPapaBear said:

NPB

I know Ronnie as well and what NPB is saying is the absolute truth. Thread killer or not....I'm just glad EH is feeling better, can't imagine what he and his family have gone thru these past several months and I will be there on August 29th screaming my lungs out when #7 takes the field and takes one to the house against the Bizon.
:thumb:

Bump.......

Can a few of you software photo experts design something to welcome back Ellis Henderson, sort of like what was done for Jordan Johnson a few years ago?

mtgrizrule said:
Bump.......

Can a few of you software photo experts design something to welcome back Ellis Henderson, sort of like what was done for Jordan Johnson a few years ago?

Here is my quick attempt.

iHh2bx6.jpg

Even Bobcat fans are happy for this young man. Ya hate to see a kid work so hard and have his opportunity cut short, even if they play for the dark side.

blackfootipa said:
mtgrizrule said:
Bump.......

iHh2bx6.jpg

great job, thanks. I hope to see a few others posted too. :thumb: :clap:

blackfootipa said:
mtgrizrule said:
Bump.......

iHh2bx6.jpg

welcome back ellis, you are an example of what a student athlete should be.....first class all the way........so happy for you and your family.

Back