• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Next Head Coach

Sam A. Blitz said:
Fair enough argument. Although, it isn't uncommon for a new coach to not accommodate the exiting coach's recruits, especially a coach like Hauck.

Fair enough as well. Joe Glenn became Wyoming's Head Coach five days after the Griz lost to McNeese State 24 - 20 on 07 December 2002. This hire officially taking place 12 December 2002 < http://gowyo.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/112308aaa.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bobby Hauck wasn't hired to head the University of Montana football program until 20 December 2002 < http://www.gogriz.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/122002aad.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

clawman said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I would rather have Alec Baldwin coach the Griz than Beau Baldwin. Beau lets people like Shoota become the face of a "university," while Alec only likes closers.
Eagle envy!

I don't think "envy" means what you think it means.

The fact of the matter is that RE has learned that old guys will work cheaper than up-and -comers, and they're more loyal. Don't be surprised if our next coach is an ex-Wall-Mart greeter. It will be a nice raise for them and helps RE keep the budget under control, especially in a position that he considers minor. Just don't want y'all to be disappointed.

cclarkblues said:
The fact of the matter is that RE has learned that old guys will work cheaper than up-and -comers, and they're more loyal. Don't be surprised if our next coach is an ex-Wall-Mart greeter. It will be a nice raise for them and helps RE keep the budget under control, especially in a position that he considers minor. Just don't want y'all to be disappointed.

I know a Griz fan from Victor who would be really keen on the idea of coaching the Griz.

images

Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
Ursa Major said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
WyomingGrizFan said:
No, I don't really think so, dude.

First off, granted, he was a decent Head Coach for the Griz. For a little while. But that was before Wyoming came calling and when that happened Joe Glenn said to hell with the Griz, lost three of four of his final games because he was much too preoccupied with what Wyoming was all about to even care much more for the Griz. It's called "Burning one's bridges." His recruiting for that year?..before he took off?..left the cupboards bare with maybe one or two players even lasting four years, if that. Just a token effort just to make it look good, I guess. Would have been better if he didn't even recruit anyone his last year and leaving it up to the next hire for the Griz. Would have been even better off still if he just said to Wyoming..."come back when I'm thru with this year. Then we'll talk." Like any other honourable person that respects his contract. But no. He was but a typical money grabber and it caught up to him eventually while now he resides in some place in South Dakota. He really f--ked over the Griz. No way, dude.

Besides which, after Joe Glenn lost to the bobcats Glenn stated, verbatim, that no rivalry should have lasted where one team beats the other sixteen games in a row. There ain't no way any Griz would have said that; no way do the Griz lose to the bobcats just to make the bobcats feel good about themselves. You play to win. Plain and simple.

I'm not your dude, guy...

Fair enough argument. Although, it isn't uncommon for a new coach to not accommodate the exiting coach's recruits, especially a coach like Hauck. I still like the idea of bringing in somebody who has already proven he can win a NC here. He is a good coach.

I'd actually like to see Vigen or Christensen.

I really like Justin Green and think has a bright future, but there is no way he is ready for a head D1 job. If anyone gets promoted its Gragg. Although, I would much prefer an outside hire.

He's not your guy, friend!

I'm not your friend, pal!

And to complete this for all of you Canadians.... I'm not your pal, buddy. Gotta love a good strike.

rcscott said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
Ursa Major said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
I'm not your dude, guy...

Fair enough argument. Although, it isn't uncommon for a new coach to not accommodate the exiting coach's recruits, especially a coach like Hauck. I still like the idea of bringing in somebody who has already proven he can win a NC here. He is a good coach.

I'd actually like to see Vigen or Christensen.

I really like Justin Green and think has a bright future, but there is no way he is ready for a head D1 job. If anyone gets promoted its Gragg. Although, I would much prefer an outside hire.

He's not your guy, friend!

I'm not your friend, pal!

And to complete this for all of you Canadians.... I'm not your pal, buddy. Gotta love a good strike.

Canada_on_Strike.jpg

AllWeatherFan said:
I will be outraged if it's not Urban Meyer. Outraged, I tell you! :roll:
Why would anyone want that POS?

Seriously? Way better coaches out there he wouldn't be in my top 18

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
AllWeatherFan said:
I will be outraged if it's not Urban Meyer. Outraged, I tell you! :roll:
Why would anyone want that POS?

Seriously? Way better coaches out there he wouldn't be in my top 18

1. Craig Bohl
2-18. Craig Bohl's assistants.

#18-50. Anyone who is related too, has worked with, or has had any form of contact with one of Bohl’s assistants whatsoever.

WaGriz4life said:
I would love to see your actual top 10

1. Todd Graham
2. David Shaw
3. Lance Leipold
4. James Franklin
5. Larry Fedora
6. Art Briles
7. Craig Bohl
8. Gary Patterson
9. Kevin Sumlin
10. Kenny Powers

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
WaGriz4life said:

1. Todd Graham
2. David Shaw
3. Lance Leipold
4. James Franklin
5. Larry Fedora
6. Art Briles
7. Craig Bohl
8. Gary Patterson
9. Kevin Sumlin
10. Kenny Powers

Notice all of them actually build a program instead of getting the keys to a proven winner and keeping it on the road.

Fail.

Kenny Powers should be first on your list. The fact that he isn't is proof positive that you don't know jack shit about assessing coaching talent.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
WaGriz4life said:

1. Todd Graham
2. David Shaw
3. Lance Leipold
4. James Franklin
5. Larry Fedora
6. Art Briles
7. Craig Bohl
8. Gary Patterson
9. Kevin Sumlin
10. Kenny Powers
Graham. Love it, people don't understand how much the culture at ASU has changed from Erickson. Devils are once again overlooked and will be tough as F*ck next year even with a young defense, true frosh LB DJ Calhoun is going to be a STAR. Plan on going to lots of games this year. Go Sun Devils.

Kelly is a badass QB that gets it done, hes more Manziel than JM, because he doesnt possess all the talent JM has and he still gets it done. Total sleeper.

Lost a lot on the DL with Sutton, Bradford and Darby gone and they lost 9 starter total. You are right Calhoun is going to be a force even as a Frosh. (Novel Idea) :roll:

Still Graham makes no excuses and leads by example, he will put it together and their offense should score on anyone with the OL they have coming back along with the skill players and Kelly leading them.

Should be a good season for the Fork

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
WaGriz4life said:

1. Todd Graham
2. David Shaw
3. Lance Leipold
4. James Franklin
5. Larry Fedora
6. Art Briles
7. Craig Bohl
8. Gary Patterson
9. Kevin Sumlin

Wow...not sold on Franklin and Leipold is probably too high (surprised you have him above Bohl)...but thats a pretty good list. Well done

Back