• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Nguyen Gate

horribilisfan8184 said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
If he fumbles chronically and continues to be a liability to the team, then yeah. But fumbling a guy as a part of a disciplinary measure is bad coaching if you're trying to win the game.

Bullsh*t

Would you bench JJ if he fumbled twice in one game with the game still on the line? Would you bench Waggerman if he had 2 dumb penalties with the game still on the line? There are very few coaches that would.

Like Brad Childress. Two AP fumbles at the goal line in the 2010 NFC Championship game kept the Vikes out of the Superbowl and cost Childress his job. AP had a fumbling problem early on and they had other backs who knew how to hold onto the ball at crunch time. Brad just wouldn't make the call. The bright spot is AP worked triple time and fixed his problem. Can we send MD some AP tapes without landing in the NCAA doghouse?

I believe that was Karl Childers not Brad Childress.

There really is not a right or wrong answer to a talent running back with fumbling problems. It depends on the coaching philosophy and circumstance. With the GRIZ, I agree with Alpha's opinion about fumbling. Why? The GRIZ have a lot of RB talent an do not have the need to rely on a rb with fumbling issues. The GRIZ can be effective with a number of running backs. They were also effective and deep at RB when Peter was playing too. Under those circumstances, you absolutely should be benching a running back.

In terms of a qb turning the ball over, if the turnovers are a result of bad OL play and or WR's running bad routes, not coming back to the ball etc, no the QB should not sit. Also QB is supposed to be the unquestioned leader of the offense. Chemistry can be much more drastically impacted when coaches don't have faith in their QB. Again, it depends depth and results at the position. The GRIZ don't have another "PROVEN" qb close to getting the results JJ does/can. If a team has 2 QB's close to the same capability and results, then yes a qb should be benched for uncalled for interceptions.

bigforkgriz said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
If he fumbles chronically and continues to be a liability to the team, then yeah. But fumbling a guy as a part of a disciplinary measure is bad coaching if you're trying to win the game.

Bullsh*t

Would you bench JJ if he fumbled twice in one game with the game still on the line? Would you bench Waggerman if he had 2 dumb penalties with the game still on the line? There are very few coaches that would.
That is really an unfair question to ask Alpha. Neither of your examples are either black or Asian.

Funny!

I don't care what color they are if they fumble. You guys already know that.....still funny :lol: :lol:

Mod edit: I removed a sentence in this post, let's avoid racist comments please

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
bigforkgriz said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

That is really an unfair question to ask Alpha. Neither of your examples are either black or Asian.

Funny!

I don't care what color they are if they fumble. You guys already know that.....still funny anyway. :lol: :lol:

Mod edit: let's avoid racist comments please

If fumbling is a team's problem, maybe the solution is to fire the coach..

or the school president...

Roman Gabriel, HInes Ward, Teddy Bruschi, Johnny Morton, Dat Nguyen (Texas AM and Cowboys--holds AM record record, 517).

PlayerRep said:
Roman Gabriel, HInes Ward, Teddy Bruschi, Johnny Morton, Dat Nguyen (Texas AM and Cowboys--holds AM record record, 517).

Eugene Chung, Ben Leber, Kailee Wong, Ed Wang, Timmy Chang, Scott Fujita...yep, the original post was ignorant, at best.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
I am just going to bump this thread each week until this guy is gone. IMO he has a real shot at breaking his brothers record of putting the ball on the ground.

Peter left here putting it on the ground 27 times and I know I am being conservative on that number (granted I only counted the last 2 years)

So far John has 4.

One of 3 things I liked about Hauck, guys like this were never going to see the field if they put the ball on the ground. I loved when he pulled Reynolds for fumbling to let people know it's not ok.

I got a case of beer for Alpha if he can field 2 out 10 balls from a collegiate punter. No crowd noise. No rush. Just Alpha and a Kicker.

Buttegrizzle said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
I am just going to bump this thread each week until this guy is gone. IMO he has a real shot at breaking his brothers record of putting the ball on the ground.

Peter left here putting it on the ground 27 times and I know I am being conservative on that number (granted I only counted the last 2 years)

So far John has 4.

One of 3 things I liked about Hauck, guys like this were never going to see the field if they put the ball on the ground. I loved when he pulled Reynolds for fumbling to let people know it's not ok.

I got a case of beer for Alpha if he can field 2 out 10 balls from a collegiate punter. No crowd noise. No rush. Just Alpha and a Kicker.

The first one would probably bounce off his snot locker and that would be it. I have visions of Wally Cox out there.

The first one would probably bounce off his snot locker and that would be it. I have visions of Wally Cox out there.

:D

God I hope john doesn't turn out like Peter, team MVP. That would suck!

Buttegrizzle said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

So far John has 4.

I'll go a case he can field 2 punts with 1 arm tied behind his back..."Double Haul IPA"...of course... :egriz:

AG1is the man:
"I would take that bet, you do realize he played college football at a very high level. I would bet he snags 10-10 if the punter can get the ball in the air"

rgrizfan said:
If this is an actual bet, Alphie has nothing to lose...even if he lost he would not pay up.

You must not know Alpha. He gives away more free beer at his tailgate than the GSA does. :thumb:

LongTimeCatFan said:
This is AG1 we are talking about, he always pays up on bets, unlike Hammer :shrug:
douche, show me where I made this bet I supposedly didn't pay! You keep running your ample mouth about it, prove it or STFU!!!!

God I hate kitty fans! I wouldn't piss on one if he was on fire!

Hammer said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
This is AG1 we are talking about, he always pays up on bets, unlike Hammer :shrug:
douche, show me where I made this bet I supposedly didn't pay! You keep running your ample mouth about it, prove it or STFU!!!!

God I hate kitty fans! I wouldn't piss on one if he was on fire!

kitten fans talking about failing to pay bets is f-cking laughable!! :lol:

Back in the day when I was stupid enough to visit bcn, I was 1-11 on getting paid off on bets I made. I just chalked it up to 'em not being able to afford the ten bucks.

Back