• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Post game: A team loss

G-BEARS said:
Can anyone give me an explanation as to why the f**k Nguyen was in when we were pinned back against our goal line, multiple runs when we were in the red zone, and a couple short yardage 3rd down plays??? Made no sense to me what-so-ever.
It was frustrating to watch, because it reflected something seen repeatedly: do the same thing, over and over, whether it works or not. And sometimes, it seems, especially if it doesn't work. That was baffling. John's a horse, a good one, one of my favorite players, but those were neither the times nor the places to use him.

PDXGrizzly said:
Biggest issue was no JLM. When faced with a better team, not having his passion and electricity was a killer. No reliable targets for Brady, this causes Brady to be nervous. We all know that nervous Brady throws 2 miles ahead of anyone. One of the bigfest weakness in the offense; if you can rattle Brady, he comes apart at the seams. SDSU did it, NDSU did it, and now NAU did it.

Defense played like TG was still the DC, over pursuit, out of position, and burned deep. Safety play and tackling was downright bad. Markell Sanders got burned A LOT. The secondary as a whole was picked apart by the 2nd string QB. Did anyone notice that there was next to no QB pressure? That's a big issue, especially with a backup QB in there. He needed to be hit hard and often, but was instead allowed to just sip tea in the backfield and throw deep balls to wide open receivers.

TG's D didn't give up 45 and 42 last year.

I actually think that, with a healthy JLM, UM might have won today. Our receivers had the ball in space multiple times today, and I think JLM would have had bigger gains or scored on some of those plays.

I think that although we played poorly today, we were also unlucky. The ball didn't bounce our way so to speak. Whenever it seemed like we were going to get something going, a turnover or a reffing decision would stop our momentum. Homan's fumble could have easily bounced out of bounds. Things like that could have went the other way and made a huge difference. We played like shit though and thoroughly deserved to lose.

G-BEARS said:
Can anyone give me an explanation as to why the f**k Nguyen was in when we were pinned back against our goal line, multiple runs when we were in the red zone, and a couple short yardage 3rd down plays??? Made no sense to me what-so-ever.

Because Calhoun was hurt?

PlayerRep said:
G-BEARS said:

Was he, must have missed that. Should have put Counts in, in those situations then.

I love the griz, but god dammit did they deserve to lose this game with that piss poor performance. They either were undeserving of the hype or started believing so much so that they simply figured NAU would just bend over and take it.... what an embarrassing performance after all the circle jerk crap the last couple weeks. Back to earth and back to work I hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G-BEARS said:
PlayerRep said:
G-BEARS said:

Was he, must have missed that. Should have put Counts in, in those situations then.

Or Favors, or Holden Ryan, or Josh Sandry, or the kicker.

Hopefully this Griz team responds in similar fashion to the 2008 Griz after losing to Weber State in the road...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

G-BEARS said:
One of the worst Griz QB's I've ever seen when under pressure.

This was the conversation I had with the homies after watching the game. I have been all in on BG from the beginning, but his deficiencies are becoming more and more obvious. He is still the #1 QB on our roster IMO, but if when feels a slight breeze in the pocket he turns into a confused giraffe. BUT, when he does have time to throw he can throw a dime with the best of them. NAU beat us, the Griz looked flat, but I'm not giving up on the season yet. We can still beat MSU :cool:

G-BEARS said:
PlayerRep said:
G-BEARS said:

I know that Justin came out hurt but don't remember Jeremy getting hurt.

griznative24 said:

This was the conversation I had with the homies after watching the game. I have been all in on BG from the beginning, but his deficiencies are becoming more and more obvious. He is still the #1 QB on our roster IMO, but if when feels a slight breeze in the pocket he turns into a confused giraffe. BUT, when he does have time to throw he can throw a dime with the best of them. NAU beat us, the Griz looked flat, but I'm not giving up on the season yet. We can still beat MSU :cool:

Um yeah, I never wrote that.

grizband said:
Hopefully this Griz team responds in similar fashion to the 2008 Griz after losing to Weber State in the road...

I wish the Griz showed the kind of hard headed aggressiveness so often displayed on EGriz among posters.They'd be unbeatable.

G-BEARS said:
Careful, Fat Bruno will get after you

PlayerRep said:
G-BEARS said:

It happened before Calhoun went out injured

GrizLA said:
grizband said:

I wish the Griz showed the kind of hard headed aggressiveness so often displayed on EGriz among posters.They'd be unbeatable.
Hard headed aggressiveness? Not sure what you meant...I just pointed out another point what Griz fans were about to abandon the team, which rebounded

There truly wasn't any facet of this game where the Griz didn't fuck it up.

Burn the game tape.

On to Eastern.

Eastern will torch this defense if it plays that way next week. I'm hoping for a win and expecting a loss at this point. Hope to be pleasantly surprised

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

havgrizfan said:
griznative24 said:

Um yeah, I never wrote that.

Corrected! Went to the fridge one too many times after the game...

It is the next day, most of us got some sleep and are alive and well. Yes we played like a loser. Fumbles, poor tackling, cheap PFs, QB throwing far to many air balls, head coaching stodgy same o same o.

POOR: Coaching by the Griz.
Offensive play.
Defensive play.
Special treams, bad awful.
Preparation, not much. Not enough!

We did not use any new plays of offense. We were easy to prepare for. Same with our defense. Putting John back to return punts is dumb. Our kick-off returns are bad, we all hope he does not bring the ball out.

Inspite of all this "bad" we could beat EWU Sat so don't give up until the extra fat lady sings!

Back