• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pre Season Polls - Big Sky

Montana37 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:
I've already acknowledged the issues...and I guess unlike you I believe they largely lay in the offensive and defensive schemes.

False, I believed coaching was an issue during the Stitt years, but also believe that the overall quality of talent on the roster is not top-tier. We will just have to agree to disagree. Could this team win 8 games and make the playoffs, sure they could, but as of this moment in time, I struggle to see this team win more than 6-7 games. I hope your mother-in-law makes a mean turkey.
Do you just choose to have extremely low expectations? So you don’t get your hopes up or something?

It would seem that since we are talking about a team that has won 7 and 6 games the last 2 years, that thinking they are a 6-7 win team is not extremely low expectations.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Montana37 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:
I've already acknowledged the issues...and I guess unlike you I believe they largely lay in the offensive and defensive schemes.

False, I believed coaching was an issue during the Stitt years, but also believe that the overall quality of talent on the roster is not top-tier. We will just have to agree to disagree. Could this team win 8 games and make the playoffs, sure they could, but as of this moment in time, I struggle to see this team win more than 6-7 games. I hope your mother-in-law makes a mean turkey.
Do you just choose to have extremely low expectations? So you don’t get your hopes up or something?

It would seem that since we are talking about a team that has won 7 and 6 games the last 2 years, that thinking they are a 6-7 win team is not extremely low expectations.

I guess if we’re still expecting .600 football we could have stayed with Stitt. I thought BH would be worth at least 2 more wins a year.

alabamagrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:
Well according to Slostang CP was also decimated by injuries. But really, who wasn't? I mean, isn't that part of the game/planning?
Well for one, we weren’t. Yes we did lose our starting QB but there was no drop off to Gresch.
You don't know that. Jensen was unable to deliver a quality win; Phillips certainly might have. Not sure how many other teams had to use a TE at QB for an entire game.

alabamagrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:
alabamagrizzly said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
What was the media top 5?

So if you take into consideration that UND was decimated by injuries and give the coaches a pass on that one, their only miss was Cal Po.

Well according to Slostang CP was also decimated by injuries. But really, who wasn't? I mean, isn't that part of the game/planning?

Well for one, we weren’t. Yes we did lose our starting QB but there was no drop off to Gresch. Can’t remember if Markell tried to play last year but that was the only significant loss on D. Some guys played banged up but they still played. By the time UND played us, they were down 10 starters plus some backups. You can’t plan for that, unless your Mike McCarthy.

There was a major drop-off when Phillips went down last fall, just for the record.

AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Montana37 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

I guess if we’re still expecting .600 football we could have stayed with Stitt. I thought BH would be worth at least 2 more wins a year.

Who is to say he doesn't win 2 more games than Stitt would have...

kemajic said:
alabamagrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:
Well for one, we weren’t. Yes we did lose our starting QB but there was no drop off to Gresch.
You don't know that. Jensen was unable to deliver a quality win; Phillips certainly might have. Not sure how many other teams had to use a TE at QB for an entire game.

Objection, that’s conjecture.

Instilling a tougher attitude/mentality and concentrating more on special teams should be worth a couple more wins alone over last year.

The "Hauck phenomena" is way overblown. Yes, he is a very good coach. But to expect him to come here and take over a program that has been beaten down with poor recruiting including a ridiculous distribution of scholarships dedicated to the WR position, and little focus on defense and ST (both of which are paramount to the Hauck style of coaching), is not prudent. Bobby is not a savior. He is a very good football coach who will need 2-3 years to get his roster in place. Many expect him to work miracles. I don't think he can do that this season with the gaps we have on the roster, especially on defense. And if Buss is not able to play, as the rumors state, it becomes even a bigger task for Bobby. Be patient. IMO it will take 3 years.

kemajic said:
alabamagrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:

Exactly.

4theluvofgriz said:
The "Hauck phenomena" is way overblown. Yes, he is a very good coach. But to expect him to come here and take over a program that has been beaten down with poor recruiting including a ridiculous distribution of scholarships dedicated to the WR position, and little focus on defense and ST (both of which are paramount to the Hauck style of coaching), is not prudent. Bobby is not a savior. He is a very good football coach who will need 2-3 years to get his roster in place. Many expect him to work miracles. I don't think he can do that this season with the gaps we have on the roster, especially on defense. And if Buss is not able to play, as the rumors state, it becomes even a bigger task for Bobby. Be patient. IMO it will take 3 years.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Priceless.

HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Montana37 said:

Stitt was going at worst 6-5 with that schedule. So, BH should go 8-3.

4theluvofgriz said:

I swear, by changing about 11 words this statement could easily become a reasonable argument for keeping Bob Stitt around for another year or two. But apparently big Bobby has earned this privilege while lowly Bob has not. :?

4theluvofgriz said:
I re-read this a few times. You're saying it will take 2-3 years to get his roster in place. That's kind of obvious, isn't it? Then you gave your opinion it will take 3. That's a safe bet.

AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

I don't buy for a second that Stitt would go 6-5 without GJ and replacing 4 of 5 OL. I mean, we know the defense wasn't going to win many games.

HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:

I don't buy for a second that Stitt would go 6-5 without GJ and replacing 4 of 5 OL. I mean, we know the defense wasn't going to win many games.

Stitt wasn't going to be without GJ. Come on man, you're better than that.

AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Stitt wasn't going to be without GJ. Come on man, you're better than that.

Not sure if that would be better or worse...are you?

Any time a new coach comes in with a new system the first year is more of a throw away year. I will be fine with a 6-5 season as long as the players play with the intensity and start to get the swagger back that the teams had 10 years ago. The team takes on the attitude of the coach. BH would have never done the air hand shake that Stitt did with Phenicie. He would have shook his hand, looked him in the eye, and said F#ck You.

AllWeatherFan said:
Okay then, what would our record be this season if we still had Mick Delaney and Willie Pflug?

Don't bad mouth Mick D. He helped when help was needed. Good guy!

Back