• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vernon Adams Has Big Game, Little Ego

reinell30 said:
Easterns receiver coach has taught his WR's to go get the ball and taught them well. You'll miss that coach.

This was the biggest loss EWU had last season, Junior Adams will be missed, great coach...

He definitely left the cupboard full before he left though....

marceag, I remember Taiwan getting hurt. I hope your not saying that's the sole reason EWU lost that day. If so, I guess you need to chalk 2012 up as an actual loss to the Griz then because Montana had that game locked up and EWU took it back. I give the Eags ALL the credit for the onside kick and Vernon making a couple of huge throws. BUT if you're going to insinuate the Taiwain Jones thing, then lets face it, if Jordan Johnson was playing that day in Cheney, the game isn't even close. Right?

CDAGRIZ said:
Rjones61 said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Pussies?

We have a QB

A QB that is second best.

If you mean second best in the BSC, you know deep down it isn't true.

Pretty sure what RJ61 was trying to say is that he understands that once out of college, when JJ is in his second year of med school Shoota will be learning second shift protocol at the Dog-N-Suds.

havgrizfan said:
marceag, I remember Taiwan getting hurt. I hope your not saying that's the sole reason EWU lost that day. If so, I guess you need to chalk 2012 up as an actual loss to the Griz then because Montana had that game locked up and EWU took it back. I give the Eags ALL the credit for the onside kick and Vernon making a couple of huge throws. BUT if you're going to insinuate the Taiwain Jones thing, then lets face it, if Jordan Johnson was playing that day in Cheney, the game isn't even close. Right?

Not at all, when TJ went out in 2010, MSU was taking it to us at that point, down 13 at half, definitely not the sole reason we lost that game. Just responding to Poorgriz post that they hammered us with our superstar back, when in reality, he didn't even play half the game.

There were 3 games in 2010 that we did end up winning that we probably shouldn't have.

As far as 2012, EWU escaped with a win there, still not sure how it happened. Great to be on winning side on that one, couldn't imagine being a Griz fan after that one.

grizfnz said:
Great Day To Be An Eagle said:
Blgs Griz Fan said:
All the hype about VA reminds me of another recent hyped QB. That one had a good intro year, better sophomore year and then began to fade into oblivion. Could VA be Denarius the sequel?

Nice try stretch armstrong....
Things must be awfully slow on Cheneynet these days, lots of eaglets seem to be visiting here lately.

Gee, it's almost as if this post was created specifically to insult an Eastern player. Maybe Eastern has a fan base who is willing to stick up for its players. I wonder if eGriz would do the same if "Cheneynet" called out a Griz player.

marceagfan5 said:
reinell30 said:
Easterns receiver coach has taught his WR's to go get the ball and taught them well. You'll miss that coach.

This was the biggest loss EWU had last season, Junior Adams will be missed, great coach...

He definitely left the cupboard full before he left though....

Ha. "Kuppboard".

get'em_griz said:
reinell30 said:
poorgriz said:
Blgs Griz Fan said:
All the hype about VA reminds me of another recent hyped QB. That one had a good intro year, better sophomore year and then began to fade into oblivion. Could VA be Denarius the sequel?

Depends on if he gets injured or not. Hopefully he stays healthy, I want the CATS to beat them when they're at full power, in our house. I remember a few years ago they came to our house with their superstar RB Taiwan Jones, were supposed to hammer us... we destroyed them. Adams is a fun player to watch.

Adams is a fun player to watch, he is talented. However, he doesn't get all the credit, the stable of receivers he has is the key. Easterns receiver coach has taught his WR's to go get the ball and taught them well. You'll miss that coach.

Eastern's wide receivers are great. There were a lot of times last year when VA would basically throw the ball up in the air up for grabs when under extreme pressure, and its amazing how EWU's receivers were able to get to those balls. If any other quarterback threw up the ball in the air without a good set of receivers, there would be a lot of either incomplete passes or interceptions going the other way.

eGriz always tries to take away from Adams because we have a talented receiver corps.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcOdXIlRDFs[/youtube]

The kid makes plays.

Vernon Adams is a flat out stud and the rest of the Big Sky has two more years to deal with him. The brother is a baller. Case closed.

I've been meaning to thank CDA and AlfailGriz for creating and perpetuating VA's awesome nickname. SHOOTA!

happygilmore5.jpg

As long as you e-gals can deal with having the second best QB/WR tandem in the BSC that's cool with me.

JJ/EH>SA/C Cup

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
As long as you e-gals can deal with having the second best QB/WR tandem in the BSC that's cool with me.

JJ/EH>SA/C Cup

Sure, I can deal with that. I know you'll need those feel-good, meaningless consilation-prize rankings after EWU beats the Griz and coasts to another BSC crown. Speaking of which, I hear Monte is a front runner for the Capital One Mascot Challenge again this year. And that North Endzone is fixin' to be mighty raucous!!!

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

JJ/EH>SA/C Cup

:roll: How original. I wonder where earlier in this thread you got the idea to call a quarterback second best?

Everyone knows Vernon Adams is better than Jordan Johnson except for Grizzly fans and one NDSU fan (that's you alphabison). You have zero evidence otherwise aside from your word. Which, since you're always full of s***, your word isn't worth much either.

Rjones61 said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

JJ/EH>SA/C Cup

:roll: How original. I wonder where earlier in this thread you got the idea to call a quarterback second best?

Everyone knows Vernon Adams is better than Jordan Johnson except for Grizzly fans and one NDSU fan (that's you alphabison). You have zero evidence otherwise aside from your word. Which, since you're always full of s***, your word isn't worth much either.

JJ doesnt have to throw it 75 times a game to get those "stats", hes more efficient, more accurate, makes better decisions and he wins. You guys are methed out in Spokecompton if you think your gang banger thug is a better player but hey, we wont be having this conversation after this season. You guys are in for a real wake up call and its going to be funny to watch you fall flat on your asses......kinda like the cats last year. If you didnt play in the BSC you would fight to crack .500.

Now kindly go fu*k your own mouth and get off our board. I wont ask again.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Rjones61 said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

JJ/EH>SA/C Cup

JJ doesnt have to throw it 75 times a game to get those "stats", hes more efficient, more accurate, makes better decisions and he wins. You guys are methed out in Spokecompton if you think your gang banger thug is a better player but hey, we wont be having this conversation after this season. You guys are in for a real wake up call and its going to be funny to watch you fall flat on your asses......kinda like the cats last year. If you didnt play in the BSC you would fight to crack .500.

It's Chris Lynn's board and being rude is not very cool. You're better then that Alph.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Rjones61 said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

JJ/EH>SA/C Cup

50360dfb1d41c87697000037.jpg

Did you say something about passing efficiency?

1 Vernon Adams Eastern Wash. So. 183.1
9 Jordan Johnson Montana Jr. 154.7

Or did you just mean completion per attempt?

Vernon Adams: 65.6%
Jordan Johnson: 56%

No wait.... that's wrong. You must have meant yards per pass. Yeah, that's it.

Vernon Adams: 10.2 yards per pass
Jordan Johnson: 8.7 yards per pass.

I am clueless Alphabison. What were you saying about being more efficient?

And wait, what was that "and he wins" part? You lost to both Eastern and to *cough* Coastal Carolina. Your irrelevancy is showing, Alpha. You had better hide it quick.

Back