• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Will NDSU "4-peat?"

scarecrow said:
Brock Landers said:
scarecrow said:
After all the complaining about NDSU threads I was surprised to see one started by a Griz fan. Were things a little slow around egriz this week? Back to the turnip field...
See this one doesn't have the inanity associated with you and Old Shep. Big difference.

This thread is just as pointless as any other NDSU thread.
Does that include threads in Bisonville?

Brock Landers said:
scarecrow said:
After all the complaining about NDSU threads I was surprised to see one started by a Griz fan. Were things a little slow around egriz this week? Back to the turnip field...
See this one doesn't have the inanity associated with you and Old Shep. Big difference.
GRRRR! WOOF! WOOF! :D

No. They will NOT 4-peat. I believe the injury bug will hit late in the season. You can't win em all. IF they make the playoffs I'm going with a one and done. But in a worst case scenario... They'll fall just short of the playoffs.

NLGrizFan said:
No. They will NOT 4-peat. I believe the injury bug will hit late in the season. You can't win em all. IF they make the playoffs I'm going with a one and done. But in a worst case scenario... They'll fall just short of the playoffs.
Playoffs highly likely, but 4 peat highly unlikely. That's probably the case most years! There are two chances slim and none and slim is already on life support. Just trying to be realistic on an unrealistic message board. :thumb:

Don't sandbag, Old Shep! NDSU is a clear favorite again this year. They were on a different level last year, and they return many key players on both sides of the ball.

AllWeatherFan said:
Don't sandbag, Old Shep! NDSU is a clear favorite again this year. They were on a different level last year, and they return many key players on both sides of the ball.
The Good Book says false pride cometh before the fall. We have learned to sandbag only during the floods! :D

bisonboone11 said:
Brock Landers said:
I swear the the number of returning starters that Bison fans are claiming is increasing by the day.

FN, which of these guys were not starters? (honest question)

Brock Jensen
Sam Oujiri
Kevin Vaadeland
Billy Turner
Tyler Gimmestad
Ryan Smith
Andrew Grothmann
Leevon Perry
Cole Jirik
Grant Olson
Bryan Shepherd
Colten Heagle
Brendin Pierre
Ryan Drevlow
Marcus Williams
The 8 that frozennorth mentioned is low, but here is my understanding of the guys that you listed.
Vaadeland - Starter, but he is returning.
Heagle - Starter, but he is returning.
Brendin Pierre didn't start any games last year.
Bryan Shepherd started 6 games last year, so I don't know if he would be considered a starter.
Grant Olson - Started 9 games before getting injured. Didn't start any of the last 6, including the playoffs, so I believe most are counting him as a non-starter.
Grothmann - Some may consider him a non-starter, because he is only shown as officially starting 6 games last year, but I would count him as a starter.

Based on that, NDSU would be losing 6 senior starters on offense (assuming you include Grothmann, which I definitely think you should), and 4-6 on defense depending on if you include Olson and Shepherd, which I could see going either way.

I believe I also heard that another o-lineman will not be returning due to injuries though, so that would make it 7 on offense and 4-6 on defense. Personally, I don't think that's too bad considering how lopsided the playoff games were, BUT, I'm not going to say that NDSU will 4-peat. I think they definitely have a chance and I think they should be somewhere in the top 5 for favorites to win it. However, if I had to pick NDSU or the field, I would have to pick the field.

You are correct, sir. Josh Colville, starting center in 2013, will not be returning after being told a sixth knee surgery would be required to continue playing football. Next man up !!

It depends on the QB play on O-line this year. The defense will carry the team until the O-line gets some experience together.

UNI will be the favorite in the Valley this year. They return a ton of players.

IMO, EWU and UNI are the preseason favorites.

Bison fan in NW MN said:
It depends on the QB play on O-line this year. The defense will carry the team until the O-line gets some experience together.

A Bison fan with some reason and common sense?! :shock:
Nice to see not all Bison fans think they're full of it.

Bison fan in NW MN said:

I think UNI is the favorite in the Valley this year too. However, once they get in the playoffs, they will choke like usual, probably against Montana.

NDSU's o-line will be a huge question mark. They are now down to one returning starter on the o-line, and he's switching positions from RT to LT. As much as I hate to say it, I would have to agree that UNI and EWU should be the preseason favorites.

bisonboone11 said:
Bison fan in NW MN said:

I think UNI is the favorite in the Valley this year too. However, once they get in the playoffs, they will choke like usual, probably against Montana.

NDSU's o-line will be a huge question mark. They are now down to one returning starter on the o-line, and he's switching positions from RT to LT. As much as I hate to say it, I would have to agree that UNI and EWU should be the preseason favorites.

What happened to all that rotational depth?

AZGrizFan said:
bisonboone11 said:
Bison fan in NW MN said:

What happened to all that rotational depth?
Graduation and injuries have made the O-line thin as far as backups. We have to be lucky and not have too many injuries this year. :D

Back